Liftmaster / Chamberlain automatic garage door openers are one of the most trusted and popular brands of automated openers. So much so it carries the Good Housekeeping Seal with a 2 year Good Housekeeping warranty.
Most people don’t even realize the make of their garage door opener because they’ve never had a problem that required contacting the manufacturer. This kind of reliability is now delivered in their LA-400 gate opener.
The Liftmaster / Chamberlain LA-400 Single Opener is a low voltage system, eliminating the need to run expensive 110 volt AC power wire to your gate. Simply run 16-gauge low voltage 2-conductor wire to a household outlet within 1,000′ of the operator. With the Liftmaster / Chamberlain LA-400’s oversized control box you can house 2 batteries to accommodate higher opening cycle situations and extra storage for a power outage. Furthermore, the LA-400 meets the high safety standards of UL 325 listing for a reliable, safe gate opening device.
Liftmaster has added an extra level of convenience with the integration of the MyQ technology. By simply downloading the MyQ application to your smartphone and connecting the Liftmaster 828LM Internet Gateway (not included), you will be able control your driveway gate openers and other Liftmaster automated doors and gates. The MyQ smartphone application is compatible with all of Liftmaster’s line of MyQ enabled devices.
The Liftmaster LA400 with the use of the built-in network communication system 2 single LA400 gate openers can communicate and operate as a dual gate opener system.
If you need a dual gate opener system, but are unable to run low voltage wire underneath your driveway, you can simply order two single gate opener systems. This will allow you to have a wireless dual gate opener system.
- Gate Materials: Wood, Steel, Aluminum, Vinyl, Chain Link, and others.
- Weight and length: Up to 16′ in length and 550 lbs
- Max degree of opening:100 degrees.
- Gate Post or Column size (pull to open): Max 7″ x 7″ post or gate mounted 4″ from the rear face of a column.
- Push to Open: Yes, setback above does not apply
- Solar Compatible: No
- Power: Batteries (Included with small box) and Low Voltage Trickle Charge (Included)
- Power Wire Specification:
- Power Wire: 120Vac
- 100′ – 16 gauge
- 1000′ – 10 gauge, OR
- Power Wire: 24Vac Transformer
- 500′ – 14 gauge
- 1000′ – 12 gauge
- Operating Temperature: -4 ºF to 122 ºF